By Georgina Hannay, Fit Mum.
You know how it is, trying to make sure you get enough protein everyday. I am almost vegetarian so I rely almost entirely on protein powder to get my intake up. I have never been a big fan of protein shakes finding them heavy and boring after a couple of days. On the days I train in the gym, I push myself so much harder and as soon as I am finished I’m normally starving and in serious need of some ‘gains’. I came up with this little recipe for two reasons:
- They have a high protein content and they taste so blooming fantastic
- Wrap them in a little bit of tin foil and you’ve got your post workout snack on the go with that little bit of sugar you need in the chocolate.
They are so easy to make and require no cooking, just a brief stint in the freezer. They keep for around a week in the fridge and you can top them with whatever chocolate takes your fancy, I know a lot of clean eaters like to stick with dark so that is absolutely fine!
What you need to make six fingers:
- 140g Smooth Peanut Butter
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1.5 scoops of protein powder (I used Pure Nutrition Whey)
- 40g Oat Flour (you can make this by putting oats in to a food blender until it becomes a flour consistency)
- 50g Milk, Dark, White or plain chocolate)